Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Deadly Diet Sin; Eating High Glycemic Carbs with Fat; Failure at its Best!!

There are so many fad diets out there, that people often get confused and forget about the basics of nutrition!!  Based on my experience, the Deadly Diet Sin is this:  Eating meals that are high in complex carbs and other high glycemic carbs high in fat,  at the same time!! In my opinion, this is the quickest way to gain weight; This is Failure at its Best!!!
AVOID EATING HIGH GLYCEMIC CARBS WITH FAT!!!  But there is nothing wrong with eating low glycemic carbs with fat!  Complex carbs and other high glycemic carbs are meant to accent your meal, not be the primary source of it.  I'm not saying you should never eat complex or high glycemic carbs, but when you do eat them, be sure you are eating a minimal amount of fat with them.  I make it a habit to eat complex carbs only once a day, and usually for Breakfast or ocassionally for Lunch, but never for Dinner!!
In a previous post, I provided you with a list of healthy proteins, healthy fats, & healthy carbs.  I have also explained the importance of eating healthy fat to lose fat!  Just remember to eat your fat with low glycemic carbs, and add 4 ounces of protein for a well balanced meal.  For me, this is a Golden Rule!!
Many years ago, I discovered a book called, "A Week in The Zone."  The book is written by Barry Sears, and you can find it at Amazon.com and probably at most bookstores as well.   And no, I am not getting paid to promote his book.  This book changed my life and my views in regards to eating.  It became my food foundation so to speak, and I have since learned how to work with and around my complicated issues to develop a perfect eating plan.  This plan will result in a leaner, more fit, healthier and happier YOU!!  It's a lifestyle for me, and it really works!!  I believe in it because I have lived and experimented with it for over 15 years!  I have made modifications to make it a better fit for me, but it all started with this book.  Barry Sears has written many books, but this one is my favorite because it is the condensed version, while providing you with a wealth of information!  I highly recommend this book. It's also a great way to familiarize yourself with good and bad carbs, fat and protein.  

So the bottom line is this: Avoid eating complex carbs and other high glycemic carbs with fat if you are on a mission to lose weight!!  While something that works for you may not work for others, this one is a definite Golden Rule and in my opinion, applies to everyone!
Avoid "The Deadly Diet Sin!"  It is failure at its best, and a great way to pack on the pounds!!
Until next time,
Be well  :)